Help us empower the lives of adults with special needs!
Our mission is to give these adults the opportunity to live full, productive and satisfying lives in a God-centered and nurturing environment. Work with purpose at our organization.
Current Job Openings
Program Support Position
- Reports to the Program Manager, Lead Teacher, Program Teacher.
- Position is classified as Part Time Non-Exempt.
- Schedule: M-F AM or PM / 25-30 hours weekly.
- Location: Castle Rock, CO
We are seeking a high energy, creative and passionate Program Support to join us for in-person services to meet the amazing mission of empowering the lives of adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Qualified candidates will have a passion for working with adults that have intellectual and developmental disabilities, patience, high energy, excellent problem-solving skills, and communication skills. The Program Support should also enjoy working in an innovative atmosphere and have the capacity to be very flexible in our fast-paced environment.
The Program Support embraces the Mission Statement of Wellspring Community: To provide a work, enrichment and educational community where adults with special needs are empowered to live full, productive and satisfying lives in a God-centered and nurturing environment. The Program Support’s Goals and Objectives will be consistent with the Mission Statement, Vision, and Core Values of Wellspring Community and further advance our mission.
The Program Support role is to assist the Program Manager and Teachers. This position will assist with the implementation of enrichment schedules, provide instructional support, assist in managing and organizing the day’s activities and in the modification of business enterprise and enrichment activities as needed. The Program Support will also need to manage behavior challenges, and communicate with other staff, volunteers, as well as family members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Protect the health and safety of participants while providing enrichment instruction or recreation activities.
- Encourage and empower participants by treating clients in accordance with Wellspring’s Core Values.
- Assist in the instruction of enrichment, vocational or educational activities using approved curriculum under the guidance of a lead teacher in classroom and on community outings.
- Transport participants before or after program, to local activities, and as necessary in a 15-passenger van, responsibly and abiding by all local and state laws always.
- Maintain cleanliness of van, transportation log, and fuel and report any vehicle malfunctions or incidents to the Executive Director.
- Meet regularly with the program staff to identify what’s working well, inform of problems and assist in strategizing to make improvements.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with participants, family members, other staff and volunteers.
- Monitor the classroom and minimize distractions and disruptions.
- Assists in daily tasks and assists with modifications for a variety of skill levels to ensure successful execution by all participants in classroom setting.
- Act as a substitute teacher as necessary by facilitating lesson plans prepared by either a teacher or lead teacher in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
Expectations of Position:
- Attend training of specific Wellspring policies and practices (annually) and adheres to such policies and practices.
- Effectively communicates with those involved in the program.
- Serves as a positive and appropriate role model for all involved in the program.
- Cooperates and assists in the organization of each day’s activities for the program setting.
- Time off is a requested with coverage plans and enough time to adapt the schedule to meet needs of clients and team (except for absence resulting from illness).
- Approaches learning opportunities with enthusiasm and respects the mentoring of senior positions.
- Engages participants in instruction/activities with an attitude that creates a fun atmosphere as well as educational.
- Demonstrates ability to manage challenging behaviors through the execution of positive behavior supports for each individual/unique situation or seeks help from senior positions when necessary.
- Performs physical demands of job as requested or needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to creatively problem-solve.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s license and possess the willingness and skills necessary to drive 15 passenger vehicles to transport participants to various outings and activities
- Must provide a Motor Vehicle Record demonstrating clean driving record
- Minimum of one-year experience working with individuals that have intellectual and developmental disabilities in any setting.
- Experience providing support with physical, emotional, cognitive, and mental health challenges.
- Excellent communication and relational skills to manage the multiple relationships within the program environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve effectively and manage the demands of a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification to ensure health and safety of clients.
- Must be able to pass a drug and medical test.
- Qualified Medication Administration Personnel through CDPHE preferred, but not required.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com